Course Admission Process
We have two methods to apply for a course at the institute.
- Application via email.
- Application via online portal
Note: Before you apply for a course/ program, ensure you have met the minimum qualification (KCSE mean grade). Please find an attached brochure from the downloads page.
1. HOW TO APPLY USING EMAIL
- Duly fill the application form which can be downloaded here
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of Ksh. 500 via KCB Bank (Thika Branch)
- Account Number: 1263884806
- Account Name: Applicant’s Full Name
- Attach and send to this email: email@example.com the following documents:
- Scanned copy of Dully filled Application Form. (From 1 above)
- Scanned copy of KCB Bank Slip showing application fee.
- Scanned copy of KCPE Certificate.
- Scanned copy of KCSE Certificate/Result slip.
- Scanned copy of ID Card/Waiting Card, where applicable.
- Scanned copy of Secondary School Leaving Certificate.
- Scanned copy of Birth Certificate.
2. HOW TO APPLY THROUGH THE ONLINE PORTAL
To apply online, visit the Online Portal and follow the steps provided in the manual.
HOW TO GET ADMISSION
After a successful application:
- You will receive an admission letter and accompanying documents from the Registrar’s office via your email provided on application.
- Duly filled all the joining instructions provided on the application letter
- During reporting day. Please carry with you copies and the ORIGINAL copies of KCSE Slip/Certificate, Birth Certificate, ID/Waiting Card, Secondary Leaving Certificate, KCPE Certificate
- Pay the fees as indicated on your fee structure
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL THE COURSES
- TECHNICAL/ENGINEERING DIPLOMA COURSES
- Mean grade C-(minus) or Craft Certificate from a related course.
- BUSINESS and ICT DIPLOMA COURSES
- Diploma– Mean grade C-(minus) and above or Craft Certificate from a related course
- CPA(KASNEB) mean grade C+ (Plus) with C+ in Mathematics and English
- Accounting Technicians DiplomaLevel I – mean grade C-(minus)
- APPLIED AND HEALTH SCIENCE DIPLOMA COURSES
- Pharmaceutical Technology: Mean grade C (Plain) with C (Plain) in Mathematics/Physics, English/Kiswahili, Chemistry and Biological Sciences.
- Applied Biology: Mean grade C- (minus) preferably with C- (minus) in Biology/Biological sciences.
- Analytical Chemistry: Mean Grade C- (minus) preferably with C- (Minus) in Chemistry/Physical Sciences.
- Food Science Technology: Mean grade C- (minus) preferably with C- (minus) in Chemistry and Biology.
- NUTRITIONAL AND DIETETICS: Mean grade C- (minus) with D+ (PLUS) in Chemistry and Biology, D+ (PLUS) in ENGLISH /KISWAHILI, D (PLAIN) in H/SCH/AGR
- ALL CERTIFICATE COURSES: Mean grade D (plain and preferably D (PLAIN) in Mathematics, English and Physics or Physical Sciences, in NAVCET 1 – KCPE and above
- NUTRITIONAL AND DIETETICS: Mean grade D (PLAIN) with D (PLAIN) in Chemistry and Biology, D (PLAIN) in ENGLISH .
For all enquires on admissions, please contact the Registrar’s office via this email:
A WORD FROM THE REGISTRAR
Thika Technical Training Institute is poised to providing utmost accessibility to train, make research possible and achievable so as to innovate and be in tandem with global trends. We provide training, research and outreach Programs that impart skills and utilize applied knowledge that spur economic growth and solve problems in society.
To achieve this, Thika Technical Training Institute aligns with Vision 2030 aims and objectives. We have efficient and customer friendly services, strict adherence to academic rules and regulations which has led to increased student enrolment by over 10% over the years. We ensure best practices in all our endeavors and student retention which has improved and sustained academic standards for all our programs.
We call for and encourage total commitment to the institute’s core values and fundamentals so as to transform the institution and achieve world class standards of excellence. Over and above, we welcome you to Thika Technical Training Institute.
J. G. MUCHANGI
Reach Out To Us
Having issues registering or have any questions please reach out to us.