Course Admission Process
Note: Before you apply for a course/ program, ensure you have met the minimum qualification (KCSE mean grade). Please find an attached brochure from the downloads page.
1. HOW TO APPLY
- Duly fill the application form which can be downloaded here
- Pay a non-refundable application fee of Ksh. 500 via KCB Bank (Thika Branch)
- Account Number: 1263884806
- Account Name: Applicant’s Full Name
- Attach copies of the following documents:
- Dully filled Application Form. (From 1 above)
- KCB Bank Slip showing application fee.
- KCPE Certificate.
- KCSE Certificate/Result slip.
- ID Card/Waiting Card, where applicable.
- Secondary School Leaving Certificate.
- Birth Certificate.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL THE COURSES
- TECHNICAL/ENGINEERING DIPLOMA COURSES
- Mean grade C-(minus) or Craft Certificate from a related course.
- BUSINESS and ICT DIPLOMA COURSES
- Diploma– Mean grade C-(minus) and above or Craft Certificate from a related course
- CPA(KASNEB) mean grade C+ (Plus) with C+ in Mathematics and English
- Accounting Technicians DiplomaLevel I – mean grade C-(minus)
- APPLIED AND HEALTH SCIENCE DIPLOMA COURSES
- Pharmaceutical Technology: Mean grade C (Plain) with C (Plain) in Mathematics/Physics, English/Kiswahili, Chemistry and Biological Sciences.
- Applied Biology: Mean grade C- (minus) preferably with C- (minus) in Biology/Biological sciences.
- Analytical Chemistry: Mean Grade C- (minus) preferably with C- (Minus) in Chemistry/Physical Sciences.
- Food Science Technology: Mean grade C- (minus) preferably with C- (minus) in Chemistry and Biology.
- NUTRITIONAL AND DIETETICS: Mean grade C- (minus) with D+ (PLUS) in Chemistry and Biology, D+ (PLUS) in ENGLISH /KISWAHILI, D (PLAIN) in H/SCH/AGR
- ALL CERTIFICATE COURSES: Mean grade D (plain and preferably D (PLAIN) in Mathematics, English and Physics or Physical Sciences, in NAVCET 1 – KCPE and above
- NUTRITIONAL AND DIETETICS: Mean grade D (PLAIN) with D (PLAIN) in Chemistry and Biology, D (PLAIN) in ENGLISH .
A WORD FROM THE REGISTRAR
Thika Technical Training Institute is poised to providing utmost accessibility to train, make research possible and achievable so as to innovate and be in tandem with global trends. We provide training, research and outreach Programs that impart skills and utilize applied knowledge that spur economic growth and solve problems in society.
To achieve this, Thika Technical Training Institute aligns with Vision 2030 aims and objectives. We have efficient and customer friendly services, strict adherence to academic rules and regulations which has led to increased student enrolment by over 10% over the years. We ensure best practices in all our endeavors and student retention which has improved and sustained academic standards for all our programs.
We call for and encourage total commitment to the institute’s core values and fundamentals so as to transform the institution and achieve world class standards of excellence. Over and above, we welcome you to Thika Technical Training Institute.
J. G. MUCHANGI
Reach Out To Us
Having issues registering or have any questions please reach out to us.