The office is mandated to empower students to make right career choices.
It also emphasizes on skill development and training to prepare students for the ever competitive labor market by keeping the current labor market demands like student accessibility needs changes in technology and social media.
The office is mandated to linking graduates to the job market and enhancing the value of graduates through skills and competencies development
FUNCTIONS OF CAREER OFFICE
- Academic advising
- Career services
- Counseling services
- Graduate track services
- Linkage between industries
- High school recruitment
- Intra institutional exchanges
- Establishing an Alumni network
- Establish career partners with industries
- Create an entrepreneur incubator
- Linking students to the industry for jobs, internships and industrial visits
- Career guidance and counseling
- Career testing and assessment
- High school career talks
- Student exchange programs
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- Alumni engagement, networking and outreach
- Career advisor
- Career partner
Thika Technical Training Institute is currently conducting a sample Tracer Study targeting graduates from Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department 2018 – 2021 Cohort. The sample study seeks to track absorption of our trainees in the job market and what they are currently engaged in. The overall objective is to institutionalize tracer studies within the institute. This is a 6 month study which started in October 2022 and ends in February 2023.